2ND ANNIVERSARY OF MGKKLF: THE BIG CHANGE FROM RELIGIOUS TO JOURNALISM
ENGLISH VERSION
HOW IT BEGAN: PREACHING BEFORE THE MAGAZINE
Have you ever wondered how an educational, informational, and investigative magazine truly begins? Before Aksyon Apologia was formed—eventually becoming part of Parental Media under Miranda Mass Media Management (4Ms)—its roots were planted in a deeply personal journey of faith and expression.
The Spark: Religious Pressure and Early Ministry
The journey began during a period of intense religious tension. Starting March 10, 2024, I faced heavy family pressure regarding my faith. This led to a confession to a priest in April 2024 and taking first communion on May 4, 2024. The tension peaked when I received an invitation that leads to wanted to attend an Evangelical Church Thanksgiving service on November 17, 2024, but my mother blocked the invitation.
In retaliation, and driven by a strong desire to share my beliefs, I began preaching during lunch breaks at Fatima National High School in General Santos City, where I was a Grade 12 Computer Systems Servicing (CSS) student. My preaching was firmly rooted in Born-Again Christian theology.
August 11, 2024 feeling that my rights were being restricted, I made the independent decision to leave Catholicism. Immediately after attending an 8:30 AM Mass, I joined two Born-Again churches that same day, later joining another on November 10, 2024.
By September and October 2024, I expanded my reach by creating PowerPoint presentation evangelisms and conducting classroom-to-classroom preaching. Initially, I named this endeavor the Ginoong Ken Klark Lamera Flores Ministry, which I rebranded to Ministeryo Ni Ginoong Ken Klark Lamera Flores on October 20, 2024.
The Shift to Digital and the Birth of Aksyon Apologia
I soon shifted my focus to social media—primarily Facebook—to share my religious content. In November 2024, I conceptualized Aksyon Apologia. The name combines "Aksyon" (Action) and "Apologia" (the Greek word for defense or explanation), under the tagline: "Ipagtanggol ang Panampalataya, ORA MISMO"(Defending the Faith, RIGHT NOW) that later replaced the tagline on February 12, 2025: "Saksi Ng Katotohanan, ORA MISMO" (Witness of the Truth, RIGHT NOW).
On December 4, 2024, Aksyon Apologia was officially born as a Facebook album, which later evolved into the Facebook page readers access today. It focused on Born-Again apologetics, framed around Evangelical Restorationism.
Even while participating in the Joint Delivery Voucher Program (JDVP) at Southpoint College of Arts and Technology Inc. in Dadiangas West, General Santos City, I used my vacant hours in March 2025 to preach.
Following my high school graduation on April 15, 2025, I continued running Aksyon Apologia and my personal ministry on Facebook. On October 6, 2025, an accidental discovery led me to create a Blogspot website for the English version of my work, titled The Filipino Apologia, which is separates the rebrand Aksyon Apologia - The Filipino Apologia from July 31 to October 6, leading reverted into Aksyon Apologia and The Filipino Apologia as Website. From October 2025 to April 4, 2026, I actively engaged in the digital religious community, leaving apologetic comments on various religious pages. During this time, I also ran a weekend brand from January 9, 2026, to April 4, 2026, called Aksyon Apologia Weekend: Saksi Ng Katotohanan, Saan Man Sa Mundo.
Evolution into Investigative Journalism
While I began experimenting with secular content in November 2025, the biggest transformation occurred on April 5, 2026, when Miranda Mass Media Management (4Ms) was established and the reverted name, Aksyon Apologia became part of it.
With this integration, our mission completely changed. For the first time, we pivoted toward investigative articles. This culminated on July 23, 2026, when we officially transitioned into a magazine format featuring a dedicated news bulletin. This bulletin, the Aksyon Apologia News Bulletin, was a rebrand of Kristiyanong Newsline, which I had originally established on April 13, 2025, and the Community Group: Digital Forulogue, was a rebrand of Evangelio-Apologetics Religious Forulogue since June 19, 2025.
A New Mission: "Ang Totoong Saksi"
Though I have been a practicing Evangelical since June 1, 2025, my work has pushed me to look beyond religion to analyze current issues and essential global updates.
I initially dreamed of becoming a pastor. However, my deep roots in journalism—specifically serving as a columnist for my news platform, an online editor, and journalism for Miranda News Philippines since August 23, 2022—led me to a different path. I ultimately chose to step away from pastoral aspirations to dedicate myself fully to the mission of Aksyon Apologia and its shortened, powerful tagline: "Ang Totoong Saksi" (The True Witness).
NOTE: The Facebook Page of MGKKLF Has been deactivated since December 7, 2025.


Comments
Post a Comment